One Community Foundation would like to share the following message with all local organisations.
One Community Foundation understands the impact that the Coronavirus will have upon communities; personally, financially and in their capacity to be able to support their most vulnerable members. With this in mind, the Foundation, and its donors, have come together to provide a response to the growing emergency. We are keen to make sure that the organisations helping those most affected get the support that they need, so have launched a Coronavirus Emergency Fund.
You can apply for up to £500, and we aim for the process to take between 5 and 10 days. This is an evolving situation and the amount of available funds may well increase.
We are opening the fund to constituted groups who are providing, but not limited to the following services:
- Food banks or social eating projects
- Delivery of emergency food/medicine parcels to those isolated due to the virus
- Street Pastors or those engaging in outreach activities
- Befriending services supporting the elderly or vulnerable through isolation
- Helping people to access a nutritious meal by connecting them to services providing groceries, and/or ready-made meals
- Enabling and encouraging people to use and access technology to keep them connected to the outside world
- Reaching out to isolated people by telephone, and befriending if possible
Further information can be found here.