There’s still time to take part in our competition to let people know the damage flushing wipes can cause to our river environments. Entry deadline extended until 12 noon on Thursday 7th November.
Even so-called ‘flushable wipes’ should NOT be flushed down toilets. Being ‘flushable’ only means they’ll disappear. But once in sewage system they can mix with other household nasties such as oils and fats – which should never be poured down the drain – and grow big enough to block pipes. The sewage then overflows into our rivers leaving wipes and other sewage polluting our river environments.
We want young, budding artists to help us get the message across. The winner will receive a family ticket for a day out at Magna Science Adventure Centre. Thank you to Magna for supplying the prize.
Magna Science Adventure Centre
The Magna Science Adventure Centre in Rotherham is an expansive showcase of the natural world. The centre is made up of four separate pavilions which focus on each of the four elements; earth, air, fire and water and there is a host of scientific demonstrations, experiments and interactive exhibits to enjoy in each section. In the air pavilion, for example, visitors can create amazing patterns using air cannons, examine a tornado and learn about some of the earliest attempts at aviation. When you visit the earth pavilion you will have the chance to experience what it is like to extract rocks from the earth for steel making. Visitors will be able to control JCBs, hoppers and other machinery, the activities in this pavilion are sure to get your adrenaline pumping. During the October half term there will be Sherbet making workshops, Steel tours and Forge demonstrations! It will be a fun day for all visit Magna Science Adventure Centre website.
Terms and conditions
Closing date is 12noon on Thursday 31st October 2019. The winning design will be chosen by a panel of judges. The judges’ decision is final. By entering the competition you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of entry.
- Only 1 entry per person allowed.
- The competition is open to Huddersfield residents aged 11yrs and under on 31 October 2019 and those 12-16yrs on 31st October 2019.
- The winner from each will receive a prize and see their poster will be used in our campaign.
- Closing date:
midnight, 31st October 2019. DEADLINE EXTENDED to 12 noon on Thursday 7 November 2019.
- We reserve the right to make changes to prizes.
- There will be 1 overall winner for each age group.
- Posters will be judged on creativity, how well they fit the theme and how well the poster has been made or drawn.
- Entries must be submitted via email (scanned and emailed) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or hard copy by post to:
Wipes Poster Competition, River Holme Connections, Unit 4, 13-15 Westgate, Honley, HD9 6AA. We can’t be held responsible for postal delays or losses.
- 3D models are not eligible for the competition.
- Posters will not be returned to their creators. If you wish to retain your poster you may scan and email your entry.
- Entries that do not include details of the entrants will not be eligible to win a prize.
- Winners will be notified via the email or telephone.
- Prizes will be posted to the address submitted via the online survey.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within five days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The judges’ decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants first name and age, will be announced on social media and on our website. If you do not wish for this data to be shared you should make this explicit on the back of the poster.
- Entries may be displayed and used for marketing, including social media and website, with only first names used.
- Prizes are non-transferable
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions